Wednesday, January 14, 2009

and so it begins!

today was the second day of classes, and my first one was cancelled due to bad weather; but there was no snow on the ground? ha. anyway, i love my classes so far! it's great, because for the first time i feel that my classes are relevant to my future career... OT!!!!!! i'm excited to start looking for some ot volunteer opportunities in the area....hopefully at the hospital :). it just makes me so happy to see the difference that ot's can make in their patients' lives, and i want to be around it so much more (also i suppose it won't hurt to have some volunteer work on my resume when i apply for grad school) :) we had our first dress rehearsal for the dance major faculty concert tonight! it was soooo great to be onstage again! it made me really sad to see the dancers, because i already miss dancing with them in class everyday, but i still feel like i'm making the right decision. i really feel that i just need to be a "normal" student now, and get good grades so i can get into grad school. but...but... but but.... that does NOT mean i am finished performing and dancing :) i still have such an INCREDIBLE passion for dance and being onstage, and i will never ever be able to let that part of my life go. i also don't feel like the past year and a half i spent studying dance here was NOT a waste at all! i have grown so much as an artists, had great opportunities, and made so many amazing friends. i feel so fortunate to have been a part of such a great program...even if it ended up not being the best thing for my future. okay, so i am going to start crying now, so i will stop talking about it :).


love to all,

milly ann

ps...guinea has been sitting on my shoulder the whole time i have been writing this, and she somehow managed to knock the curtains behind my bed down on my head! hehe

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're having a great week. :) We miss you though.

January 14, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home